Basic Lessons for Hand Sewing by Emiko Takahashi
Master Hand Sewing Techniques and Patterns with Artist Emiko Takahashi. In this book, written in Japanese, Emiko shares over 40 years of sewing wisdom, providing guidance for creative-seeking crafters.
- Selecting optimal materials like threads, needles, tools
- Mastering hand stitches through diagrams and photos
- Practice projects such as clothing alterations
- Over 40 accessory, home decor and garment patterns
Her passion shines through detailed lessons originally taught in sold-out classes. While directions are in Japanese, experienced sewists can use the abundant visuals to hand craft these creative designs.
Included patterns allow creation of:
- Reusable market totes for stylish shopping
- Cozy quilts and pillows for the home
- Handmade tops, skirts and dresses
- Organizational pouches, rolls and more
Made in Japan and written in Japanese.