Needle Books from Sajou
This gorgeous selection of 40 needles is one of Maison Sajou's specialities. It contains 20 sharp sewing needles and 20 round-tipped embroidery needles. An ideal gift for any stitcher!
- Mercerie — The blue and white cover has an illustration of a little girl repairing her doll. The interior is a floral print in cream tones.
- Art Nouveau -- The cover represents six women's in an Art Nouveau style (19th century). The interior is a floral print in blue and pink tones.
- Three Girls — The cover of this 40 needles packet depicts three girls embroidering "Maison Sajou - Fancy Work". The inside is a floral paper in turquoise and orange tones.
- Puppeteers -- The cover represents children holding the differents letters of SAJOU, Paris. The interior is a floral print in yellow and red tones.
- Cat and Dog — The cover depicts a cat and a dog winding wool; The interior is a floral print in green and red tones.
- Seamstress in Red -- The cover represents a seamstress from the 1930s, emblem of the Découvit brand. The inside is a floral motif in orange tones.
- Sewing Circle -- The cover is a 19th century depicts some young girls following a sewing lesson. The inside is a floral paper in pink and green tones.
- Paris -- The outside of this 40 needle selection represents emblematic monuments in Paris: the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, Sacré-Coeur, the obelisk and fountain in Place de la Concorde and Notre Dame. They are taken from a vintage watercolor. Inside is a repetitive Eiffel Tower pattern.
- Versailles Queen's Bed Chamber -- The outside of this 40 needle selection represents a cross-stitch interpretation of the fabric in the Queen’s Bedchamber in the Versailles Palace. The interior is a reproduction of the drapes known as “the Queen’s summer furnishings”.
- Versailles Kings & Queens -- The outside of this 40 needle selection represents the kings and queens who resided in the Versailles Palace. The interior represents the geometric motif in the Marble Courtyard, paved in black and white.
6 - No. 5 long needles
6 - No. 7 long needles
4 - No. 9 long needles
2 - No. 3 darning needles
2 - No. 5 darning needles
2 - No. 20 needles
4 - No. 22 needles
4 - No. 24 needles
4 - No. 26 needles
6 - No. 28 needles
Size of packet when closed: 14cm x 9.8cm
Sajou produces haberdashery items made in France to the highest standards (in some cases even produced on the original old machinery). Perfect for gifts and collectors, and for those of you unable to resist a quality that is seldom found in today's mass produced haberdashery products. Sajou was created in 1828 by Jaques- Simon Sajou, selling haberdashery for embroidery, tapestry, lace, crochet and weaving.