Sashiko Mending Basket Kit
Use interesting threads to mend your clothes to create lovely, one-of-a-kind pieces!
This gorgeous set includes:
- 2 needles
- Metal needle threader
- Darning yarn
- Sashiko Thread 100% cotton
- Variegated Sashiko Thread, 100% cotton
- Standing darning mushroom --Flat-bottom darning mushroom innovated by darning guru Hikaru Noguchi. The darning mushroom can be used by holding it in your lap or setting it on a table. It is a beautiful and practical needlework tool. It's made of turned Beech wood, left unfinished so it's soft to the touch.
- 2 lamb-shaped thread cards
- Covered bamboo basket with tie
Dimensions of darning mushroom: 3"w x 3-1/2"h
Dimensions of bamboo basket: 9-1/2"l X 4"w X 3-1/2"h
Darning is a traditional European technique for mending clothes, a technique for repairing insect holes and loose ends in clothing. For generations, mending has been done with plain thread and unobtrusive sewing. But darning guru Hikaru Noguchi has innovated the method and the tools to give you loads of inspiration to create your own look.
Consider this book by Hikaru Noguchi for inspiration and instruction.
Made in Japan