Long, thin, and strong for getting in (and out) of tricky spots. These elegant scissors have a lovely balance. So nice and light!
Use them on plants in your house or garden for detailed pruning work and harvesting herbs. They were originally designed for tending bonsai, but their utility extends far beyond this niche.
Maximum cut is 5mm. Made of KA-70 carbon steel, which shows a patina of rust with use.
Dimensions: 7-1/2" l x 2-1/2" w x 1/2" h (191 x 64 x 13mm)
Made in Japan
Your tools will last longer and be more enjoyable to use if cared for properly.
- Japanese steel is hard and sharp, and can be more brittle than some people are used to - it will chip if abused
- Do not cut wire, metal, stone, plastic or any other hard material (even bamboo fibres and some very hard woods, especially knots and burrs, can damage steel edges)
- Do not twist or apply uneven pressure
- Cut diagonally across branches (not straight across) so you cut along the fibres
- Pay attention to our maximum cut dimensions, and don’t overdo it (shears are not loppers)
- Use the base of the blades, not the tips, for heavier cuts
Keep Them Clean:
- Remove debrix, rust and gunk with water
- Dry, wipe over with a light oil and store in a dry place