$44.00 Sale • Save
General purpose garden scissors, used for cut flowers, dead heading, and light pruning.
The small size is perfect for smaller hands and jobs in the garden and the home. They are strong, yet delicate and accurate for careful, deliberate cuts. Use the tips for careful work and make bigger cuts further down the blades. Maximum cut is 5mm.
The traditional round handles are forged with KA-70 carbon steel. Note that carbon steel easily shows a patina of rust.
Dimensions: 6-1/2" l x 4" w (172 x 102 cm); blades are 2" l (50mm)
Made in Japan
Your tools will last longer and be more enjoyable to use if cared for properly.
- Japanese steel is hard and sharp, and can be more brittle than some people are used to - it will chip if abused
- Do not cut wire, metal, stone, plastic or any other hard material (even bamboo fibres and some very hard woods, especially knots and burrs, can damage steel edges)
- Do not twist or apply uneven pressure
- Cut diagonally across branches (not straight across) so you cut along the fibres
- Pay attention to our maximum cut dimensions, and don’t overdo it (shears are not loppers)
- Use the base of the blades, not the tips, for heavier cuts
Keep Them Clean:
- Remove debrix, rust and gunk with water
- Dry, wipe over with a light oil and store in a dry place